- The City Treasurer is the custodian of the funds belonging to the City of Jay , Jay Utilities Authority and Jay Industrial Authority. As well as any funds received in the form of grants for the benefit of any of the above or other special projects.
- The City Treasurer recieves and manages payables for the City of Jay, Jay Utilities Authority, and Jay Industrial Authority.
- Perform budgeting duties, such as assisting in budget preparation, expenditure review, or budget administration.
- Maintain monetary fiscal records and accounts.
- Serve as a notary of the public.